How to integrate PayPal with systeme.io
This article will teach you how to integrate your PayPal account with your systeme.io account.
You will need:
- a systeme.io account
- a PayPal Business account
Go to PayPal.com and sign up for a PayPal Business account or convert an existing Personal account to a Business account, it’s free.
Setup and Configuration
Add your PayPal credentials to systeme.io:
- Go to your systeme.io account and then Dashboard > Payment gateways > Connect with PayPal
- Enter your API Username, Password, and Signature
Learn how to get the Live API information (not Sandbox) from PayPal by logging into your account at PayPal account.
- Click on the profile icon and then go to "Account settings" ⇾ "Account access" ⇾"API access" ⇾ Click "Update".
- Select "NVP/SOAP API integration (Classic)" and click "Manage API credentials".
- Just click on "View" to see your API credentials (username, password, and signature).
Configuring the PayPal dashboard - PayPal IPN URL:
Log in to PayPal with your credentials, click on the logo corresponding to the profile icon, and click on "Account Settings".
It is necessary to set up your PayPal IPN URL in systeme.io.
PayPal Instant Payment Notifications
(PayPal IPN) tells systeme.io whether a payment was made successfully or not.
To learn more read the guide: How to Activate IPN in your PayPal Account
Click on the "Notifications", then click on "Update" on the "Instant payment notification" line
Click on "Edit settings" then enter the following value for your notification URL: https://systeme.io/payment/webhook/listening-paypal
Make sure you have checked " Receive IPN messages (enabled)".
Click Save and the IPN configuration is complete!