How to integrate Flutterwave with systeme.io
In this article, you will learn how to integrate your Flutterwave account with your systeme.io account.
To get started, you will need:
Setup and configuration:
1. To connect your Flutterwave account to your systeme.io account, click on your profile picture and then "Settings" (number 1 in the image).
Next, from the menu on the left of the page, click "Payment Gateways" (number 2 in the image), then click "Connect" (number 3 in the image).
2. Add your Flutterwave credentials to your systeme.io account:
3. Log into your Flutterwave account to get the API public key, API secret key & API encryption key information.
Go to "Settings" (number 4 in the image) and then to "API Keys" (number 5 in the image). Generate and copy the API public key, API secret key & API encryption key (number 6 in the image).
Alternatively, you can log into your account and go to https://app.flutterwave.com/dashboard/settings/apis/live to generate and copy the API keys.
Configuring the Flutterwave webhooks:
1. Copy the webhook URL and webhook secret from the Flutterwave section in your systeme.io account.
2. From your Flutterwave account, click on "Settings" (number 7 in the image), then go to "Webhooks" (number 8 in the image).
Paste the webhook URL and the webhook secret then click on save (number 9 in the image).
Or you can simply log in to your account and go to https://app.flutterwave.com/dashboard/settings/webhooks/live to paste the webhook URL and the webhook secret.
Next, tick the following fields to set up events:
- Receive Webhook response in JSON format
- Enable Webhook retries
- Enable webhook for failed transactions
- Enable V3 Webhooks
1. The activation of the webhook preferences is necessary for systeme.io to access transactions / subscriptions details, and for customers to get access to the resources for purchased offers. This cannot be done automatically, so ensure to tick the appropriate boxes.
2. Refunds for a Flutterwave payment are disabled by default. In order to enable this feature, please contact Flutterwave support. To know more about refunds for Flutterwave payments click here.
3. Unless the email field is part of the order form, it will not be possible to process the payment through the payment gateway.