How to create a blog category
In this article, you will learn how to create a blog category using systeme.io.
Navigating to the blog categories section
Go to the "Blogs" tab (number 1 in the image), then click on the blog's name (number 2 in the image).
From your Blog's menu, go to the "Categories" section (number 3 in the image) to display all categories.
Renaming and deleting existing categories
When you first created your blog, 3 categories were automatically created with default names. To rename the category, click on the 3 dots (...), and then on "Settings" (number 4 in the image). To delete the category, click on "Remove" (number 5 in the image).
Creating a new category
To create a new blog category, click on the "Create" button (number 6 in the image). Complete the following fields in the popup that is displayed:
- The "Name" that will be used as the title of the category page (number 7 in the image)
- A "URL path" for your new category (number 8 in the image)
- A "Description" that will be used as a short description of the category (number 9 in the image)
- An "SEO title", which is the page title that search engines show in search results (number 10 in the image)
- An "SEO description", which is the meta description that summarizes the page’s content (number 11 in the image)
Click on "Create" to save the new category (number 12 in the image).
Adding categories to a post
To add or change a category for an existing post, go to the "Posts" section (number 13 in the image), then click on "Settings" (number 14 in the image).
In your post settings, check the box for the category you want to add (number 15 in the image), then click "Save" to save the changes (number 16 in the image).