How to set up an A/B test
In this article, you will learn how to set up an A/B test using systeme.io.
You will need:
- a systeme.io account
- a sales funnel (see how to create a new funnel)
First, you will need to create two pages in the same funnel. These will be the two variations of your split test.
We are going to give you an example to create an A/B test between two variations of squeeze pages, here are the steps we need to follow:
1. Create two squeeze pages in the same funnel, which will be the two variants of our test.
2. You need to set up a redirection to the goal page of your A/B test from the variant pages.
3. Click on the "A/B test" tab (number 1 in the image)
4. Click on "Choose a variant" (number 2 in the image)
5. A popup will appear giving you the opportunity to choose two pages for the test:
- Variant page: You need to choose variation B that variation A will compete with in the A/B test (number 3 in the image)
- Goal page: Choose an objective page for the A/B test, which the prospects must access afterwards, this is what will allow us to know which variant is the most efficient and converts the best (number 4 in the image)
6. Click on "Start A/B test" (number 5 in the image)
7. If you make a mistake with the chosen variation, you can delete the A/B test (number 6 in the image)
You can also edit the two variations pages, as well as the goal page, by clicking on the icon edit for each one as needed.
Note 1: The pages involved in the A/B test will have different colors on the left menu, and they have an icon that differentiates them.
Note: Once you've started the split test, you will see a statistics table that shows you the results of the test.