How to create a coupon code and insert it into your order form
In this article, you will learn how to create a coupon and insert it into your order form (payment page).
You will need:
- a systeme.io account on a paid plan (Startup, Webinar, or Unlimited)
- a sales funnel (How to create a sales funnel)
- an order form (How to create an order form)
Creating a coupon
Navigate to the "Products/Sales" tab (number 1 in the image), then click on "Coupons" (number 2 in the image).
Click on "Create coupon" (number 3 in the image).
In the popup that appears, provide:
- A "Coupon name" (number 4 in the image)
- A Coupon code that will be used to apply a discount (number 5 in the image), and
- The "Discount Type" to apply when using the coupon (number 6 in the image)
There are 2 discount types to choose from:
- Fixed amount discount: This is the value that will be discounted from the price plan. (For example: Price plan = $1,000; coupon value = $20; what the customer pays = $980)
- Percentage discount: This type of coupon will discount a percentage of the total price. (For example: Price plan = $1,000; coupon value = 10%, what the customer pays = $900)
Note: You cannot create a coupon that makes the final price less than $1.
Discounts for subscriptions and payment plans
Discounts for subscriptions or payment plans are applied on the payment due date each month.
Example: If the subscription is $100 / month and the coupon discount value is $20, the customer will pay $80 / month.
Next, click on "Coupon expiration date" to select the expiration date from the calendar widget.
It is crucial to use the calendar for your coupon code to work. If you type in the date manually, the coupon code will not work.
Input "The limit of coupon use" by users (number 8 in the image). For example, if you only want 150 people to benefit from this code, then type in "150".
If you want the number of uses to be unlimited, leave the box blank.
Finally, click on "Create" (number 9 in the image).
Inserting the coupon into the sales funnel
After creating you funnel and payment page, click on the order form (number 10 in the image).
Scroll down to the "Coupons" section and click on the "(+)" button (number 11 in the image).
Select the "Coupon discount type" absolute value or percentage (number 12 in the image), then select the "Coupon" (number 13 in the image).
Click on the "Save" button (number 14 in the image).
Scroll to the top of the page and click on the green button to save your configuration (number 15 in the image).
Click on the "Edit page" button to access the page editor (number 16 in the image).
Drag the Coupon element and drop it onto your page (number 17 in the image).
Click on "Save changes" (number 18 in the image).