How to set up double opt-in
In this article, you will learn how to set up double opt-in on your sales funnel.
What you will need:
- a systeme.io account
- a sales funnel (How to create a new funnel)
- a squeeze page (How to create a squeeze page)
Activating double opt-in:
- Log into your systeme.io account and click the “Funnels” tab from the navigation bar at the top of the page.
- From the list of funnels, select your funnel.
- Click on the funnel step on which you will activate the double-opt-in and click “Edit page” (number 1 in the image).
- On the form’s button, click on "Button settings" (number 2 in the image).
- Check the box that says, "Do you want to enable double opt-in on this form?" (number 3 in the image).
To customize the confirmation email sent to prospects:
- Click your profile picture, then select "Settings" (number 4 in the image).
- Go to "Emails" (number 5 in the image).
- Click "Edit confirmation email" (number 6 in the image) to customize its content.
- After making changes as needed, click "Save" to apply the changes (number 7 in the image).
- Consider using double opt-in for your blog forms to improve email deliverability.
- If a contact doesn't click the confirmation link within 24 hours of registering, they will automatically be deleted.
- Double opt-in is configured individually for each form, not at the account level.
- All emails and automation are put on hold until the contact has confirmed his registration by clicking on the confirmation link.