How to sell an online course
In this article, you'll learn how to sell an online course using systeme.io.
You will need:
- A course created in systeme.io (Learn how to create a course using systeme.io)
- a sales funnel (Learn how to create a new funnel)
- an order form (Learn how to create an order form/payment page)
Step 1: Configure your order form
The first step is to set up your order form so that when someone purchases from your funnel they get access to the desired course.
1.1. Navigate to your desired funnel then click on your "Order form" (#1 in the image below).
1.2. Choose the offer type. In this case, it will be a Digital product. (#2 in the image below).
1.3. Next, under the "Resources" section, hit the "+" button (#1 in the image below).
1.4. Choose "Course" as the type of resource (#2 in the image below).
1.5. Click on the title of the course you want to sell (#3 in the image below).
1.6. Choose the course access type. (#4 in the image below)
Granting specific day access and setting expiration dates
You can grant access to your courses on a specific date and also set a date when access to your courses will expire.
Note: These options are only available if you select "Full access" for your access type.
Once you're satisfied with your configurations, the final step is to hit the "save" button to save your changes. (#1 in the image below.)
Important - setting customer tags
Adding a tag to your customers will help you recognize them and how they've interacted with your business. This is useful for segmenting your list and sending targeted emails.
Click here to learn how to create a tag.
To add a tag to your customers:
- Click the "+" icon in the resources section (#1 in the image below)
- Choose Tag as the resource type (#2 in the image below)
- Select the tag you want to add to your customers (in the example below, the tag new customers is chosen)
- Do remember to save your changes
And that's it. You're all set to sell your courses.
Note: Your customers will automatically be sent an email with details on how to set a password to access the membership area of your course.