How to sell an online course
In this article, you will learn how to sell an online course using systeme.io.
You will need:
- a course created in systeme.io (Learn how to create a course using systeme.io)
- a sales funnel (Learn how to create a new funnel)
- an order form (Learn how to create an order form/payment page)
Configuring your order form
In your sales funnel, navigate to your order form.
Within the order form settings :
- Choose "Digital product" as the offer type (number 1 in the image)
- Click the "+Plus" icon to add a resource to your offer (number 2 in the image)
Adding a New Resource:
- Choose "Course" as the resource type (number 3 in the image)
- Click on "Choose course" to select the course you intend to sell (number 4 in the image)
Next, select the course access type (number 5 in the image)
The following options are available depending on how the student should have access to the course:
A. Full Access: Students gain complete access upon initial payment.
B. Partial Access: Students will be able to access specific modules selected by the instructor.
C. Drip Content: Students access course lectures gradually based on the delay set by the instructor.
Example: Every week (every 7 days) the customer will have access to a new lecture.
Click here to learn more about the differences between these two access types.
You can also choose to grant access to your courses on a specific date by activating this feature and selecting a date (number 6 in the image)
Example: If the customer enrolled in the course on 26/07/2023, but we specified the access date to be 12/08/2023, they will only have access to it starting on 12/08/2023.
You can choose to set an expiration delay (in number of days) for your course (number 7 in the image)
Example: If you were to set an expiration delay of 30 days:
- If there was a specific date for unlocking, the course will no longer be available after 30 days after it has been unlocked.
- If no unlocking date was specified, the course will no longer be available 30 days after purchase.
Note: This option is only available for courses with full or partial access.
Finally, click the "Save" button to save your changes (number 8 in the image)
Note : We recommend adding a tag to your resources to easily identify your customers from your contacts. This is useful for segmenting your list and sending targeted emails (number 9 in the image)
Then click on "Save" to save your settings (number 10 in the image)
Upon completing these configuration steps, you're now ready to sell your courses.
Note: Your customers will automatically receive an email guiding them on setting a password for accessing the membership area of the course.
- Question: Can we customize the email that is sent to our students when giving them access to our courses?
- Answer: Unfortunately, the email sent to your contacts upon enrollment cannot be customized within the systeme.io platform.