Integrating your root domain into systeme.io
In this article, you will learn how to integrate your root domain into systeme.io
You will need:
• a domain registered outside of systeme.io
• a systeme.io account plan STARTUP / WEBINAR / ENTERPRISE
NOTE: A CNAME record can only point to one destination, so if you do wish to use a domain for your funnels/blogs, please bear in mind the domain will ONLY point to your funnels/blogs and not to an external website.
Add your Domain into systeme.io
From within your systeme.io menu settings, select Custom Domains
Click on Add Domain and put in your domain name with www in front of the domain name. Example: www.domain.com
You will see DNS settings on the second popup which you will need in the next step.
Create your CNAME Records
Sign in to your account that is hosting your domain and create two DNS records then type the CNAME mentioned in the previous step:
Using the list below, click on your registrar and follow along with the instructions on how to create your CNAME record:
Note: If you do not see your Registrar listed above, these general directions are intended to assist with the CNAME record creation.
- From within your domain Registrar, navigate to your DNS Records. Depending on your Host, this may be in an Advanced Zone Editor, DNS Records, or somewhere else entirely.
- In your DNS Records, you should find a "www" CNAME record pointing to your Root Domain. Enter d1kasd891fa1gfx9o.cloudfront.net.(EXAMPLE) as the target (pointed to) .
- If the DNS Record does not exist, click Add record, select CNAME, Enter the subdomain www into the Host input, enter d1kasd891fa1gfx9o.cloudfront.net.(EXAMPLE) as the target (pointed to).
- Click Save
Do the same with the second records:
- Go to DNS settings (DNS zones)
- Click Add record
- Select CNAME
- Enter the subdomain _fac70b61d28cda1e71cdcd13ef81b4cd.www(EXAMPLE) into the Host inputEnter _2116717af124ff3e3asf9413ad3eed0.mzlfeqexyx.acm-validations.aws.(EXAMPLE)** as the target (pointed to)
- Click Save
Check your DNS RECORDS to confirm changes using this website: https://dnschecker.org
Results should look like this:
NOTE: it can take up to 24-48 hours for DNS Records to fully propagate.
Create a redirection
From within your domain host:
- Click on "redirection/forwarding"
- Click "add redirection"
- Create a redirection from domain.com to www.domain.com
NOTE: it can take a few hours for the subdomain to be approved.